Friday, February 27, 2009

San Francisco Chronicle Woes

I want to be sad about this. I do. I also want there to be a San Francisco paper worth reading. I want to read articles about local issues that bear some resemblance to reality and contain at least some shred of local perspective. I have never found these articles in the Chronicle. Additionally, if the Chronicle's closing means fewer people read what the demented CW Nevius has to say, then I might even have cause to celebrate.

    San Francisco Chronicle may shut down

      Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:21pm EST


By Robert MacMillan and Janet Kornblum

NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - San Francisco may lose its main newspaper, the San Francisco Chronicle, as owner Hearst Corp cuts a "significant" number of jobs and decides whether to shut or sell the money-losing daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment