Friday, February 27, 2009

very funny

 I truly laughed out loud. 
Bill Maher on Tavis Smiley - listen to it here  

Maher: (Laughs) Well, they've said that about me for years. (Laughter) I used to do that joke; people said you hate America first. And I said, no, I have my coffee, I burn the American flag, I perform a few abortions, and then I get around to hating America. (Laughter) But certainly not first.

...

Maher: If you're patriotic, you criticize your own country. You want to make it better.

Tavis: But you got in trouble for doing that, though.

Maher: Yeah, I got in trouble and I had a show on in six months. (Laughter) I was off the air for six months. Kept the same office, the same phone number. Been in the same office since 1995. That's gangsta, Tavis. (Laughter) When you get fired and they can't even get you off the lot. I just switched networks. 

 ....

Maher: Newspapers are going out of business. What's my financial adviser going to sleep under? 

...

Maher: Christians - it's funny, when they criticize me they usually say, "I'm praying for you," and they kind of pat me on the head, like, "You just don't get it. You're unenlightened; you haven't seen the lord. The light hasn't come into your life."

They look at me like a retarded child, you know - "He doesn't quite get it." Well, one of us doesn't get it. I think it would probably be the people who are still living by the Bronze Age myth about the space god who came down that - and I know I'm probably insulting you here because you're probably a Christian.

...

Maher: Well, yeah, that kind of faith, you're right, I'm against. Faith, if you define it as the purposeful suspension of critical thinking, yes, I don't think that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment